Agility is essential for a company that supplies energy to millions of Australians.
In any given year, AGL is improving its IT systems, refining its work practices, and managing $5 billion of major capital works projects. Change needs to be in everyone’s DNA, because everyone has a role to play.
AGL’s then Head of Group Strategy & Finance approached us with a clear and simple brief: create an environment for change to work.
What we did
- Built a business case for developing internal change capability
- Worked with the executive team to define the level of change management maturity AGL needed to deliver on its strategy
- Developed and agreed a plan to achieve this, with a goal that 70% of AGL employees are trained in their role in change
- Built executive sponsorship skills
- Trained leaders of all levels in their role in change
- Formed change management centres of excellence across the business
- Integrated PCI® with AGL’s project management framework, reporting and governance processes
The results, five years later
- Staff engagement scores are up by 61% in three years
- PCI® is intrinsic to AGL’s DNA, with staff at every level viewing change as “just part of what we do”
- Approximately 70% of AGL employees, including executives, are certified in PCI®
- Change management is a core competency requirement and a KPI for certain roles and business functions
- Each business unit has certified PCI® practitioners
- Then-CFO Brett Redman said their ERP re-implementation was the most successful implementation he had ever been a part of
“We used PCI® across a couple of key projects initially. It was a slow burn introduction but it worked extremely well. Not a single ball was dropped and the feedback we received was excellent, some citing it as the best workshop training they’d ever been to.”
– Brett Redman, AGL’s former Head of Group Strategy & Finance, CFO, Managing Director and CEO
Let’s get you similar results
Tell us about what you’re trying to do, and we’ll be in touch.Tell us about you